The Downtown Modesto (DoMo) Partnership is a non-profit 501(c)(3) community benefit corporation that’s managed by the DoMo Partnership staff and its 13 member, property owner-based board.
The DoMo Partnership’s goal is to improve Downtown Modesto by highlighting all the great things the community has to offer and bolstering services that improve the user experience.
To create a vibrant community through activities and partnerships designed to improve the quantity and quality of experiences in downtown Modesto.
2018 Annual Action Plan
- Finalize downtown vision document
- Implement improvements to parking management model
- Model development and occupancy pro formas
- Implement community beautification initiatives
- Establish database of downtown operations
- Develop annual activities, promotions and notifications calendar
- Meet with downtown space makers to develop collaborative model
- Establish annual audit of events
The DoMo Partnership enhances the downtown area by implementing new community events to drive traffic to the district like:
- DoMo First Fridays
- Modesto on Ice
- Discover DoMo Promo
- Pop-Up Fun Zones
- Power Pilates on the Gallo Green
- Bike Modesto
In addition, the group works to improve public spaces and plazas within the district boundaries — creating beautified areas for the community to gather. The DoMo Partnership has:
- Redeveloped 10th Street, between J and I Streets
- Commissioned and sponsored new downtown public art
- Installed tree lights along 10th Street, between I and K Streets